Thursday, March 10, 2011

A book that made me laugh, and quite literally, cry.

The Book theif

Liesel Memenger's Journy during world war II, and her experiences, from being taunted by her best friend Rudy for a kiss, who both loved eachother, to hiding a fugitive Jewish Citizen from the concentration camps, her story, told trough death, a tired entity, with no more awareness then us, just a job he detests, as even death is touched by this young girls struggle.

His style (Markus Zuzack) was not unlike that of shakespere

who reveals the ending of his plays.

Leisel lives on to witness the death of rudy, kissing him, praying, for him to wake, he never does. She steals books forknowledge, and money from her kind foster family to mail letters to her mother which will never be recieved, through the bombing love hate and fear, The character development, description, the story. Through each reading I cry more and more, laugh more and more and I know these characters exist outside of the confines which so many others are kept, and together, Liesel walks with death as an equal, I miss them

Already...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who am I?

Who am I? Unknown, here, there, gone. unnoticed drifting throughout the terrors that live in our society. Beauty is so rare in life. We are fragile, broken by the slightest difference. Thought is powerful, I believe that we are never truly right, there is always a better explanation to be found. we must continue the search for the sake of the search, to occupy our time, to feel as though we are working towards accomplishment. Why do we do anything? To accomplish, to succeed, to love.